Nov. & Dec. 2018
- Admitted into the Outdoor Sports Valley 2019 startup mentoring program.
- Evening event to kick off our 2019 Expeditions. Hosted by our insurance company Allianze IARD.
Sep. & Oct. 2018
- More than 30 clients attended our training weekends and expeditions, and more than 4K people follow us on social media.
- We launched the 1st edition of Explora Talks, a slideshow-discussion with an experienced explorer.
19:00-21:00 (7pm-9pm) during the week in a major city in France.
Explora Project Talks #1 (Geneva), Jean Troillet - Kamchatka, Baffin, Annapurna.
July & Aug. 2018
- Move into the Annecy Base Camp business incubator.
Become a member of Outdoor Sports Valley.
- Become a member of APST and Atout France.
Officially register as a travel agency.
- Finish our initial capital offering.
- Partner with TSL Outdoor: snowshoes, hiking poles, and gaiters made in France.
May & June 2018
- 1st Reconnaissance Expedition (June 3-17, 2018)
Complete north-south traverse of Iceland, 325km on foot and in a packraft.
Quentin Rickli (Switzerland) becomes our 1st client!
- Officially register Explora Project SAS with the Annecy company registry (RCS).
Explora Project becomes a registered trademark in Europe.
March & April 2018
- Partner with Petzl, Hilleberg, and Expedition Foods.
- Seasoned Himalayan climber Jean Troillet, record-holding rower Olly Hicks, and the young Matthieu Tordeur become Explora Project ambassadors.
- After working for 10 years as a stock broker, he can no longer ignore the "Call of the Project"...
... Stanislas Gruau decides to make a life and career changing descision, and launches the project.
- The concept of a “Self-Guided Expedition” is born, creating the opportunity to experience a more real, powerful, and intense adventure.
- Design the very first logo.
- How did project “Explora” come to be? After setting the record time for running across France north to south (15 days, Lille to Nice, 1150km) Stanislas Gruau came to realize just how inspiring the project was for the 150 people who ran or pedaled next to him during the two-week feat, as well as for the thousands of people who followed him on social media. Why was it so inspiring? Everyone needs a lifelong dream to pursue above and beyond their profession, family, and friends; a motivational goal or even a project that transcends existence.
- So one day, Stanislas decided to create an adventure travel agency to help people realize their lifelong dreams of adventure and exploration.