Route & Maps
DAY BY DAY
- Meet at the Täsch Matterhorn Terminal at 8.30 am (exact location will be confirmed soon).
- Welcome, weekend presentation, equipment check-up.
- Departure by train to Zermatt (car-free city), then Matterhorn Glacier Paradise cabon to reach the dizzying heights of the mountains.
- Roping and progression techniques.
- Choice of the route according to the level of the group and the weather.
- Installation at Rossi Volante's unguarded hut around 5 pm, from where you will enjoy a magnificent panorama.
- Meal on stove, night in hut.
- Wake up in the heart of the mountains.
- Early breakfast and departure for an ascent.
- You start to be more and more autonomous, you master the techniques of knots, roping.
- We will leave the equipment useless at the shelter and will return at the end of the day to the same place (the choice of refuge for this second night may vary depending on the progress of the group, the weather and the guide's choice).
- Breakfast, stretching and storage of equipment.
- Progressive return to Zermatt.
- Enjoy the last moments away from civilization to recharge the batteries thoroughly.
- After some first aid and a last look at the 4 000 m that surround you, the stay will end with a friendly moment in a bar.
- Return to the car park at 16h after the drink.
Total altitude difference: +/- 1000 m
Number of days: 3
Altitude difference / day: 500 m
Hours / day: 5 - 6h
Terrain: mountains, glaciers, rocks
Highlights: panoramas, glacier walking, ascent
Possible precautions: rain, wind, sun, snow
Night in a hut
Altitude: 3 800 m
Total number of nights : 2
Meals on stoves
Land: glacier, rocks
Departures & Prices
|From||To||Adult price||<21 years old||Place restante|
|May 29, 2020||May 31, 2020||510 €||460 €||3||Register|
|Jun 19, 2020||Jun 21, 2020||510 €||460 €||5||Register|
|Sep 18, 2020||Sep 20, 2020||510 €||460 €||6||Register|
- Supervision and preparation by a mountain guide
- Mountaineering equipment: harness, crampons, climbing equipment, helmets
- Food: freeze-dried meals for evening and morning meals. Fresh meal at noon.
- Accommodation: 2 nights in a shelter
- Final pot in a bar in Zermatt
- Journey to the meeting place Train Täsch-Zermatt (14 €) Matterhorn Glacier cabin lift (110 € with return)
- Your personal material (download the required list)
- Anything not specified in included
- Repatriation Assistance Insurance
Terms and conditions to participate
4000m summit climb in a stunning place in Zermatt.
Up to 7 hours of activity a day. Presence of a guide during the expedition and autonomy possible without risk on certain portions.
FitnessBe in shape and ready for 6 hours exercise a day
TechniqueBasics of moutaineering is a plus but is not compulsory either !
MotivationAll gear up for a 4000m summit !